Looking back at 2015, a lot of big things happened in our family. My husband and I moved. We both got new jobs. We’ve had constant projects going on in the new house and also outside (DRESSAGE ARENA!!!!). And we’ve both made more of an effort to exercise in the mornings. I recently reviewed my goals from January, 2015 and I am actually pretty happy with what we’ve accomplished. I was able to meet all of my personal goals except for the fencing in the backyard and I met 2.5 of my horsey goals. Not bad considering the amount of items on my list. I usually don’t have that many goals, but starting fresh in a new home and with a new job, I felt very optimistic. For the first time in a very long time, I have two full days “off” during the work week. I’ve been able to take on more freelance work, which is great, and I’m hoping that it will also give me more time with Dancer.
So what’s on the 2016 list you might ask? Well, I think I’m going to carry over my unfinished horsey goals from last year. There are still items on the list that are very important to me that I’d like to try extra hard at making happen this year. And I’m also going to make exercise and eating better a priority this year too. Here’s my new(ish) list for 2016:
- Barn makeover
- Finish the Dressage arena
- More riding time!!! (both of us need to get back in shape)
- At least one lesson per month on Dancer with my trainer
- Save up for a horse trailer of my own
- Continue to work out at least 3x per week – add in more pilates & weight training
- Continue to eat better (more fresh veggies & fruits, less frozen meals)
- Better organization – our house in general, finances, etc…
- Try to take on one new home project each month (painting rooms, installing new light fixtures, furniture makeovers, etc…)
- Re-design my website (already in progress!)
- Add more items to Etsy shop
What are your goals for the new year? Do you have any tips for making sure you keep those resolutions all year?